Multi-ply or Clad cookware combines several metals in one cookware. Multi-ply cookware usually has a copper or aluminum core, with a stainless steel or nonstick interior. The exterior could be a aluminum or copper making stainless steel cookware to be better heat conductor. This combination of strengths makes multi-ply cookware cook friendly and desirable.
- Mixes various metal in to one making it beneficial to cooking
- Copper core cookware benefit without polishing work
- Versatile and user friendly
- Many (without non-stick) are dish washer safe
- Will not react with acidic food
- Can be expensive
We recommend buying a hand polished 18/10 stainless steel with inner core of pure aluminum or copper, not just at the bottom, but all the way up the sides. All three layers are bonded together for optimum heat retaining for even cooking. All-clad brand cookware pieces and quality cookware, hence tend to be on pricier, look for non All-clad brands for reasonable priced clad quality sets.
Click here for more information on Clad Cookware Sets