Vitamix is a counter top, professional quality blender that does much more stuff than blending and one of high end kitchen product at a hefty price.Vitamix is loved by many professional chefs and critic and touted as one of the healthier way to eat and drink food made from Vitamix. The company means it when their logo says “It is not a blender, it is Vitamix”. You can check out more Vitamix Products here: All Vitamix Products
Vitamix products claims to make flour from grain, or cook a soup in seconds. It breaks down whole fruits such as pear, apples with its peel, stems and leaves so you can get more fibers and nutrients from the whole food. Its powerful motor can break nuts, and frozen ice in friction of minutes.
Blender container is made from material that looks like hard plastic but made from co-polyester material that is almost unbreakable, BPA-free and chemical resistant. It has tight fitting and locking lid which is must for not getting food all over your face while fast blending.
Usually experts will tell you to cool the food before making soup, but Vitamix reviews says it can blend and grind hot and thick food safely. Vitamix has toggle switch to vary the speed of blending as needed. Vitamix product usually comes with instructional DVD, recipe binder, owner’s manual, lid that doubles as a cup and tamper that can be used to push new food down while blending. It comes with 7 year warranty and in 3 colors, red, black and white.
CIA Professional Series
So good, it’s endorsed by the best. Vitamix has joined with the Culinary Institute of America to design the CIA Professional Series, the only blender trusted by the CIA to train the next generation of professional chefs. With a powerful motor and Variable Speed Control, this machine has the ability to process the variety of textures and ingredients that master chefs require.
- Create smoothies, hot soups, and frozen desserts in a single machine
- 64-ounce container is perfect for family meals and entertaining
- Two cookbooks, including Recipes From the CIA Master Chefs
What is Included in Product Features
Vitamix machine is designed and built for outstanding performance and unsurpassed durability. When purchasing a Vitamix blender, you’ll enjoy:
- Commercial-grade, powerful, 2-peak horsepower motor that propels blades up to 240 mph to blend the toughest ingredients
- Easy-to-use equipment paired with extreme versatility
- The ability to chop, cream, blend, heat, grind, churn and more, with a single machine
- Quick and easy self-cleaning with a drop of dish soap and warm water; just run on High for 30 seconds
- 7-year full warranty
- Ongoing recipe ideas and community support
- 2-peak HP motor
- 120 volt, 60 Hz 11.5 amps (North America)
- Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
Vitamix 64-ounce Container
- Height: 13.4 in
- 64-ounce rated capacity
- BPA-free Eastman Tritan copolyester
- Blades: Laser-cut, stainless-steel hammermill and cutting blades measuring 3-in diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time
- Spill-proof vented lid with plug for safely adding ingredients while machine is running
- Soft-grip, ergonomically-designed handle
- Tamper with collar to prevent tool from hitting the blades
Create Recipes contains over 300 restaurant-quality recipes, including a section contributed by professional chefs.
Recipes from the CIA Master Chefs is a collection developed in the 41 teaching kitchens and bakeshops at the Culinary Institute of America.
The Getting Started DVD, featuring Chef Michael Symon, walks you step-by-step through the techniques and recipes featured in the Getting Started guide.
The Tamper is included to help you process thick mixtures like peanut butter and frozen desserts. It fits securely into the 64-ounce container with a special collar designed to prevent it from hitting the blades.
- Powerful 2 peak motor
- Grinds and Blends super fast
- Smooth texture at the end
- Variable speed to control blending with various type of food
- Larger container/blending jug to hold more
- Super easy cleaning
- Healthy way to eat and drink
- Can blend super hot food such as hot soup
- Can blend super cold food such as frozen fruits and ice
- Nuts and Thick blending options
- Can drop whole food with peels, no peeling or cutting needed
- Grind grains and beans in to flour
- Makes soup, knead pizza dough, frozen smoothies, ice-creams and more
- 5 year warranty
- Great customer service
- Price: It is running from $400 and upwards
- Blender much more noisy
- During hot blending there are air bubbles that needs tamper push down
- Not affordable for many
- Container jug is too tall, can cause traditional cabinet storage issue
See what you can make with Vitamix 1363 CIA Vitamix Recipes
Spicy Hummus Recipe
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 6 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 raw garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
Watermelon Gazapacho Recipe
- 1 (164 g) large red bell pepper
- 1 (102 g) ear corn
- 1 pound (454 g) chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.1 kg) ripe red heirloom tomatoes, rough chop
- 1 pound (454 g) English cucumber, peeled, rough chop
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce
- 2 (30 g) scallions, white and green parts
- 1 (3 g) garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (5 g) cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Roughly chop the roasted red pepper and cut the corn off the cob. Combine in a large-size bowl with the watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add the chipotle, adobo sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, kosher salt and lightly mix.
- Transfer the mixture in batches to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend or 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a pitcher and thoroughly chill before serving.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers
Vitamix 1363 CIA Platinum Series Blender comes with following commitment from the company Vitamix:
Vitamix warrants to the owner that if this Machine (a “Machine” consists of a motor blender base and any containers purchased together) fails within 5 years from the date of purchase due to a defect in material or workmanship or as a result of normal wear and tear from ordinary household use, Vitamix will, within 30 days of receipt of the returned product, repair the failed Machine or component part of the Machine free of charge.
If, in Vitamix’s sole discretion, the failed Machine or component part of the Machine cannot be repaired, Vitamix will elect to either (A) replace the Machine free of charge or (B) refund the full purchase price to the owner, unless Vitamix receives prior written notice of the owner’s preference.
Vitamix is a great product for those who wants to eat healthy and make quick meals. However it is on high end price range and if you want to do dry grinding, you will need to buy a deluxe model or special dry grinding cup from them. If you can afford it, it is sure well worth it as it can last you long time.
We have found the best price (with current discount) below: