This 17-piece cookware collection makes a nice choice for those setting up a first-time kitchen or for anyone looking to upgrade as it provides many essentials in cookware.
This is the highest quality Steam Control Surgical Stainless Steel “Waterless” Cookware Set. Each piece is constructed of extra heavy surgical stainless steel and guaranteed to last a lifetime. Valves can screw on and off for easy cleaning.
What is surgical stainless steel?
There has been surgical stainless steel used in hospital during an operation, which mean that stainless steel has different amount of nickel and much healthier to cook in it. For further reading click here for Surgical Stainless Steel article at Wikipedia.
What is waterless cooking?
“Waterless” cooking allows for quickly cooking food on the stovetop at low temperatures and with only a very small amount of water–if any. It cooks in a way that retains almost all the vitamins and minerals, less than 2 percent mineral loss, so veggies come out the same vibrant color as when they went in the pan. Even more, the high-quality cookware does not require additional grease or oil when cooking, which means low-fat meal options. Steam-cook food without the need for a steamer basket, bake a chocolate cake on the stove top–between conventional cooking and the “waterless” method, the options are endless.
To ensure fast, even heating with excellent heat retention and no hot spots, Maxam’s “waterless” cookware features 304 surgical stainless-steel construction, inside and out, with an encapsulated thick aluminum disk in the base, which consists of nine elements: chrome, nickel, manganese, silicon, aluminum, iron, copper, molybedenum, and vanadium. The nine-element construction means that the cookware can be stacked, one on top of another, for space- and energy-saving convenience.
New way of cooking
Start by cooking on individual burners; when the steam-release valve in the lid whistles, simply stack the pans to finish cooking. For example, a hearty stew with carrots and potatoes can cook in the bottom pan, while broccoli cooks in a medium-size pan above that and another veggie cooks in a smaller-size pan on the very top. The self-sealing lids help lock in flavor and nutrients, and they can be inverted for nesting inside the proper pan before stacking or hanging the cookware when not in use.
Even more, the thoughtfully designed cookware features nonslip phenolic handles that are welded to the outside (no rivets or screws inside the pan) and can withstand an oven’s heat up to 350 degrees F. Though the cookware is designed for stove-top use only–no need to turn on the oven when it’s possible to bake on the stove top. The handles are resistant to heat, cold, and detergents, and they offer a hanging hole at the end to help save on cupboard space. Safe to use on ceramic, electric, and gas stoves, the cookware carries a limited lifetime warranty and cleans up easily by hand with warm, soapy water . Pots can go in the dishwasher, but the lids should be hand-washed due to the steam-release valves.
What is included in the set?
This is 17 piece cookware set. It weighs about 36 pounds total and pieces includes;
- 3-1/5-quart covered saucepan
- 7-1/2-quart stove top roaster
- 11-3/8-inch skillet
- Dome cover for the roaster and skillet
- Flat cover for the roaster and skillet;
- Double boiler
- 5 egg cups;
- Egg utility rack
- Recipe book with instructions.
You can use the saucepans when making homemade marinara sauce, cooking lentils, or heating up soup. The stove top roaster works well for cooking large cuts of meat and the skillet provides a wide flat base and tall sides which are perfect for one pot meals. Melting chocolate’s effortless with the double boiler in place and it can also be used directly on the stove top as a 3-quart saucepan. The egg cups allow for making poached eggs easily. The collection also provides a handy recipe book with step-by-step instructions.
Best of all, the cookware can be used with the healthy “waterless” method of cooking. Meaning vegetables are as vibrant colors as they were before cooking, food is less greasy and healthier. You can save time and energy by doing stack cooking as shown in picture below. It illustrates how you might cook a roast or chicken with potatoes & carrots in the bottom, a vegetable in the middle pan and another vegetable in the top pan. When stack cooking, remember to always start cooking each individual pan on a burner until you hear the steam valve whistle, then close the valve and stack to finish cooking. Heat is transferred from the bottom pan to the top.
The 9 element steam control system makes cooking as easy as;
- Start cooking on medium heat
- Listen for the whistle
- Close the valve, turn heat to low and simmer to finish cooking
What we like:
- 5 ply stainless steel (best one usually are 3 ply or clad )
- Surgical stainless steel, 304 grade
- 9-Element encapsulated bases
- Waterless Steam Control Valves to save vitamins
- Roaster and double boiler included (Not usual part of cookware set)
- 17 pieces to cover various type of cooking
- Healthier cooking without grease and fat
- Quick heating and heat conducting cookware
- Can be stacked on top of each other, saving space and energy for cooking
- Cook several things at once, See picture above
- Oven safe (up to 350 F degree)
- Although you can bake on stove top with this cookware, oven cooking is needed
- Handles are resistant to cold, heat and detergents
- Safe to use on ceramic, electric or gas stove tops
- Pots are dishwasher safe, lids have to be hand washed
- Life time warranty (Limited)
- Durable and strong
- Flavor and food colors preservation
- Corrosion resistance
Things to consider:
- Valves are not dishwasher safe and must be hand washed
- It is new way of cooking, so some learning required
- Do not use on high heat cooking
- Pans are oven safe but lids are not
- Some customers reported valve needing replacement (Valve replacement is usually part of warranty)
- Can be expensive, look for special discount
This set is not sold individually pieces, sold only as a set.
How to cook in Waterless Cookware Video:
Where to buy the set and what is the best price for this set?
This set is not sold in any store and sold via handful online merchants. This set is selling as high as $1800. We have found a best price on Amazon for less than $300, and it is well worth it for its quality and benefit.
Click here to see more –>Maxam KT17 17-Piece 9-Element Surgical-Stainless-Steel Waterless Cookware Set