Thermal cooker guide:
What is thermal cooker?
So, how do you cook in thermal cooker?
What kind of food you can make with thermal cooker?
How does it cook without power?
Benefits of thermal cooker:
- No extra power , electricity or energy needed
- Cook for 10 minutes on stove top, finish cooking by it self in outer pot
- Can leave unattended, as no power cord
- Can take it camping, day car trips and cook meals anywhere
- Keeps flavor, nutrients inside your food
- No smoke, odor, grease
- Easy clean up
- Food can keep hot for 6-12 hours without any power
- Food can keep hot or cold both
- Great for picnics, potlucks
- Convenient, and easy way to cook
- Great for busy people who want to cook at home
- It is similar to slow cooker but with benefits
Important and simple safety tips for your thermal cooker:
- Important to note that do not fill your inner pot more than 80%, as more food, more heat it will create.
- Do not open before food is cooked (within 30 minutes) as it will cause it to lose heat rapidly which is required to cook the food in its own heat in vacuum.
- Do not leave food longer than what manufacture’s guidelines says, usually between 6-12 hours. Check to make sure.
Choosing a thermal cooker:
We bought cheapest one at first, while it did it job and worked alright however, some of the food we needed to cook longer than 10 minutes in order for it to retain high heat. It was trial and error before we figured we needed a better thermal cooker and we bought another one that is working just right for us and I tell you a secret, it is not the most expensive one. It is Thermos Thermal Cooker.
There are many sizes of thermal cooker, we recommend that you buy at least 5 liter size or bigger thermal cooker otherwise you will be not able to feed more than 2 peoples in it. Some larger sizes include 8 liter size too for larger family needs. Thermal cooker can be best small appliance investment for many households.
In addition to there are some thermal cooker that comes with 2 inner pots, instead of one, so you can cook two different dishes at the same time. If you have 2 inner pots and want to make only one type of food, make sure you put ingredient in one pot and hot, boiled water in other inner pot to put it inside outer pot to retain enough heat to cook throughout.