What is wok?
What can you cook in a wok?
- Boiling: Boil water, Make rice, or soup
- Braising: Reducing sauces
- Deep frying: Frying donuts, fritter, french fries, onion rings etc
- Steaming: can be done by boiling water in a wok and using steaming baskets over it
- Smoking: Not that of smoking!, smoking food in rack around the rim of wok.
- Stew: Making stew
Types of wok:
günstig kaufen naprelan Electric wok
Electric Woks can be round or flat bottom and generally are not well suited for stir frying or other quick cooking method. As most electric wok do not produce enough heat needed for the stir frying, it turns stir frying in to a stew. Electric woks are well suited generally for slow cooking method such as stewing, braising, boiling and steaming. There are a few electric wok that claims to produce plenty heat for stir frying, we can not recommend it until we have tried and used it ourselves.
The best electric wok that heats up nicely and does very well is Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok. Many people are raving about it and ease of cleaning and using to stir fry and do more.
We prefer carbon steel traditional wok with “wok ring” to use it on our flat stove top. We think 16 inches diameter size should be good enough for 4 people, however you may buy smaller or bigger size depending on your size of family and type of food you will be cooking. Buy a wok with lid and extra accessory as needed.